Employment Type: Full Time
Work Hours: M-F, 8am-5pm
High School Diploma, some college is preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in accounting, accounts payable, or accounts receivable or a similar field
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office including Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Must be proficient on the computer and have previous experience learning new software and systems.
- Ability to maintain quality while completing large volumes of work with stringent deadlines.
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for:
- Processing daily cash receipts.
- Entering data into computer system using defined computer programs.
- Compiling data and preparing reports utilizing Excel spreadsheets.
- Assisting in preparing internal month-end, quarter-end, and year-end reporting.
- Entering vouchers, reviewing invoices, preparing payments or reimbursements, and filing all necessary items.
- Researching invoicing discrepancies.
- Answering payment status or any inquiries to vendors or to other employees.
- Ensuring compliance with accounting and reporting deadlines.
- Assisting with special projects assigned by management.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Key Expectations and Benchmarks
For you to be successful in this position you must be able to:
- Consistently meet production standards set by manager.
- Meet deadlines and maintain minimal past due tasks.
- Work and understand all accounting processes.
- Answer questions professionally and accurately.
- Process tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrate strong follow-through skills.
Level of Decision Making, Problem Solving and Task Complexity.
- Follows standardized instructions or procedures precisely with ongoing supervision.
- Maintains prioritized list of tasks and communicates with manager deviations in process to realign workflow on a daily basis.
- Work is checked for accuracy, adequacy and adherence to instructions.
- Requires an established knowledge in the field. This position requires an accounting background.
- Some tasks require comparing alternative courses of action and making a decision after considering options. If there is a problem that has not occurred before the manager must be consulted.
- You will perform most assignments in accordance with standard practices, instructions or previous training. Processing payments is typically a straightforward, repetitive and routine task.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Demonstrated and consistent follow-through skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of employees and vendors.
- Must have a strong work ethic and quickly understand new concepts.
- Possess high ethical standards and the ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Must be a team player and results driven.