In this policy, the terms “we”, “us”, “our”, and “ours” refer to Jefferson Capital Holdings, LLC and its affiliates (“JCAP”). Sections 4-7 apply to JCAP affiliates designated in Section 4 and to information processed on accounts established in the European Economic Area (EEA) or the United Kingdom. All other sections of this policy apply to JCAP and all affiliates
Section 1: Overview
JCAP respects individual privacy and values the confidence of its customers, employees, consumers, business partners, and others. Not only does JCAP strive to collect, use, and disclose Personal Information in a manner consistent with the laws of the countries in which it does business, but it also has a tradition of upholding the highest ethical standards in its business practices. We have therefore adopted a privacy and data protection policy that is applicable to information relating to our employees as well as to information relating to other individuals collected or processed in the general course of our business, including but not limited to Personal Information received from locations within the European Union.
Section 2: Scope
This Policy applies to any Personal Information received by JCAP in any format, including electronic, paper or verbal.
Section 3: Definitions
For purposes of this Policy, the following definitions shall apply:
- “EEA” means European Economic Area. Created in 1994, the EEA combines the countries of the European Union (EU) and member countries of EFTA (European Free Trade Association).
- “Agent” means any third party that collects or uses Personal Information under the instructions of, and solely for, JCAP or to which JCAP discloses Personal Information for use on JCAP’s behalf.
- “Consumer” means any natural person but excludes any individual acting in his or her capacity as an Employee.
- “Employee” means any current, former or prospective Employee of JCAP or any of its European affiliates.
- “Personal Information” means any information or set of information that identifies or could be used by or on behalf of JCAP to identify an individual. Personal Information does not include information that is encoded or anonymized, or publicly available information that has not been combined with non-publicPersonal Information.
Section 4: Privacy Shield Affiliates
The following company affiliates adhere to the Privacy Shield Principles and may collect the same types of EU data as JCAP:
- JC International Acquisition, LLC
- Majestic Capital Holdings, LLC
- JCIA Holdings, LLC
- FMT Services, LLC
- JCIA Servicing Company, LLC
- Jefferson Capital Systems, LLC
Section 5: EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework
Section 6: EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Principles
Where JCAP collects Personal data directly from individuals in the EEA or the United Kingdom, we will inform them of the following:
- The identity and the contact details of the controller (JCAP).
- The contact details of the Data Protection Officer.
- The purposes of the processing for which the personal data are intended as well as the legal basis for the processing.
- Their legitimate interests under GDPR Article 6(1)(f).
- The recipients, or categories of recipients of the personal data.
- Whether we intend to transfer personal data to a third country or international organisation and the existence or absence of an adequacy decision by the Commission, or reference to the appropriate or suitable safeguards and the means by which to obtain a copy of them or where they have been made available.
To ensure fair and transparent processing of personal data JCAP will also provide the following information:
- The period for which the personal data will be stored, or if that is not possible, the criteria used to determine that period.
- The existence of the data subject’s rights such as the right of access, rectification, erasure, restriction, objection and portability.
- The right of withdrawal consent at any time where processing was based upon the data subject’s consent in the first instance.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory body.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether the data subject is obliged to provide the personal data and of the possible consequences of failure to provide such data.
- The existence of automated decision making if any, the logic involved and the envisaged consequences.
Where the personal data was not obtained from the data subject, the following information will be supplied in addition to the information set out above:
- The categories of personal data concerned.
- The original source of the personal data.
Where JCAP intends to further process the personal data for a purpose other than that for which the personal data were obtained JCAP shall provide the data subject prior to that further processing with information on that other purpose.
Where JCAP receives Personal Information from its subsidiaries, affiliates or other entities in the EEA or the United Kingdom, it will use and disclose such information in accordance with the notices provided by such entities and the choices made by the individuals to whom such Personal Information relates.
JCAP will offer the opportunity to choose whether their Personal Information is to be used for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. JCAP will provide clear and informed methods to exercise their choices.
In cases of onward transfer to third parties of data of EU or United Kingdom individuals received pursuant to the EU-US Privacy Shield, JCAP is potentially liable. JCAP will obtain assurances from its Agents that they will safeguard Personal Information consistently with this Policy. Examples of appropriate assurances that may be provided by Agents include: a contract obligating the Agent to provide at least the same level of protection as is required by the relevant Privacy Shield Principles, Privacy Shield certification by the Agent, or being subject to another European Commission adequacy finding. Where JCAP has knowledge that an Agent is using or disclosing Personal Information in a manner contrary to this Policy, JCAP will take reasonable steps to prevent or stop the use or disclosure.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION:
Upon request, JCAP will grant reasonable access to Personal Information that it holds. In addition, JCAP will take reasonable steps to permit Consumers and Employees to correct, amend, or delete information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete.
JCAP will take reasonable precautions to protect Personal Information in its possession from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We restrict access to Personal Information to employees who need to know that information to provide services. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable laws to guard Personal Information.
JCAP will use Personal Information only in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. JCAP will take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, complete, and current.
JCAP is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Any Employee that JCAP determines is in violation of this policy may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
16 McLeland Road
St. Cloud, MN 56303
JCAP has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States and operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/foreu-consumers/ for more information and to file a complaint.
Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel.
Section 7: Limitation on Application of Privacy Shield Principles
Adherence by JCAP to these Privacy Shield Principles may be limited (a) to the extent required to respond to a legal or ethical obligation; (b) to the extent necessary to meet national security, public interest or law enforcement obligations; and (c) to the extent expressly permitted by an applicable law, rule or regulation.
Section 8: What information do we collect?
- Contact Information
Information provided to us to enable us to contact you. Examples may include name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, etc. Contact information may identify you personally.
- Billing/Address Information
Information you may provide to us, which may include credit card number, bank information, billing address, billing contact name, telephone numbers, email address, etc. Billing information may identify you personally.
- Password Information
Information that allows you to access the services we provide, technical support, ticketing system and any third-party services provided through us. Examples may include user id, invitation number, account number, access and permission levels, password, etc. Password information does not identify you personally, but it may when associated with other information.
- Technical Information
Information that allows us to configure the services we provide so that they are more easily provided to you. Examples may include your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, operating system, affiliate id, etc. Technical information does not identify you personally, but it may when associated with other information.
- Internet Data
- Voluntary Information
Information you choose to provide to us and that is not necessary for the operation of the services we provide. Examples may include acceptance of an offer extended to you, your endorsements of us and your connections to us in social networks, etc. It is your decision whether you include information that identifies you personally when you provide voluntary information to us.
Section 9: How do we use the information we collect?
We may collect non-public personal information about you as permitted by law from:
- Your transactions with us
- Applications or other forms that you provide to us
We may disclose non-public personal information about you to third parties, such as business partners, vendors, and credit reporting agencies. We will disclose information about you only to the extent that it is: (a) specifically directed by you; (b) permitted by applicable law and (c) not prohibited by other applicable law.
We use your Personal Information to send you information about our company, process requests for services, and to contact you when necessary. You will be permitted to opt out prior to using your Personal Information for any other purpose. We also may be required to disclose an individual’s Personal Information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also use the information we collect to improve the content of our website(s).
Section 10: Method to access and ability to correct personal information
An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data, should direct their query via email to Privacy@JCap.com. If requested to provide or remove data, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe or within the timeframe as required by applicable law.
Section 11: Online Privacy
INTERNET DATA SECURITY AND INTEGRITY:
We make every effort to follow industry standard security measures to prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. However, no information transmitted on the internet or stored on servers is 100% secure. Fraudulent people exist, software and hardware can malfunction, and people make mistakes. As a result, we cannot guarantee that any information covered by this Policy will be absolutely secure.
DO NOT TRACK BROWSER REQUESTS:
At this time, we do not respond to “do not track” signals sent from browsers.
Section 12: Contact Us
If you have questions regarding this Policy or about the privacy practices of JCAP, please contact us at: Privacy@JCap.com.
EFFECTIVE DATE: August 2022