Technical Business Analyst
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Hours: Exempt; 40+ hours per week; primarily Monday – Friday days
- College Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field; or equivalent related experience.
- Proven track record in successfully gathering, analyzing and documenting project requirements.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft SQL Server including writing complex and efficient queries.
- Experience in the financial services industry (credit, banking, insurance, etc.) preferred.
- Experience working in agile software development environments preferred.
- Experienced in all phases of PMLC and SDLC.
- Requires little direct supervision or assistance to complete tasks.
- Ability to extract requirements from business areas and document those requirements into clear and actionable tasks.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills.
- Able to contribute to a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, including peers and managers.
- Able to execute a systematic, disciplined, analytical, and logical approach in problem solving.
- Have a desire to learn, accept new challenges, and have fun.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of Jefferson Capital business processes, systems, and core data assets.
- Captures information from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, drills down high-level information into details and summarizes low-level information to a general understanding.
- Documents technical requirements based on functional requirements requested by the business.
- Performs one on one interviews, hosts group meetings, and conducts workshops.
- Works with other members of the development team to develop new solutions and enhance existing products.
- Develops test cases for new and existing features, performs QA testing, works with business units to develop and execute user acceptance tests, and logs/tracks status of defects.
- Supports formal Project Management Life Cycle, Software Development Life Cycle, and Change Management Process.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Takes pride in ownership of delivered product that performs as expected and is free from defects.