Support Specialist (Bankruptcy department)
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Hours: Hourly; Non-Exempt, Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- High school diploma or GED required; college degree preferred.
- Related work experience preferred.
- Knowledge/experience with BFrame desired but not required.
- Detail oriented and able to meet deadlines
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Able to handle disputes while complying of regulations.
- Reliable and demonstrates ability to consistently work assigned schedule.
- Creates claims and maintains accurate records to be filed with the courts
- Data entry of legal documents by filing claims through the courts electronic filing system
- Ensures proper documentation of the claims within our consumer records
- Documents accounts and responds according to procedures
- Reviews bankruptcy plans and trustee websites to ensure correct handling of accounts
- Works with outside companies/agencies as the business needs require (ie: state titling departments, attorneys, trustee offices, insurance companies, and repossessions agents).
- Maintains a professional and positive attitude; is respectful to both consumers and co-workers.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by maintaining confidentiality.
- Follows legal parameters and compliance requirements of state and federal mandates, including those set forth in the Federal Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
- Extensive computer skills and knowledge with Microsoft Office; Outlook, Excel
- Good listening and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills and able to able to multi-task.