SQL Database Developer / Programmer
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Hours: Exempt; 40+ hours per week; primarily Monday – Friday days
- College Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field; or equivalent related experience.
- Experience in writing complicated and efficient SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Experience in the financial services industry (credit, banking, insurance, etc.) preferred.
- Experience working in agile software development environments preferred.
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft SQL Server is highly desired.
- Proven track record in successfully gathering, analyzing, and documenting project requirements.
- Requires little direct supervision or assistance to complete tasks.
- Able to contribute to a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, including peers and managers.
- Able to execute a systematic, disciplined, analytical, and logical approach in problem solving.
- Have a desire to learn, accept new challenges, and have fun.
- Design, Develop, Test:
- Database objects, such as Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Tables, Views and Scripts
- Integration solutions using SQL Server Integration Services
- Understand business needs and transfer them into technical solutions and interfaces with both internal and external systems.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of Jefferson Capital business processes, systems, and core data assets.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Write and maintain software and process documentation.
- Takes pride in ownership of delivered product that performs as expected and is free from defects.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills.