Site IT Support Specialist
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Hours: : Exempt; 40+ hours per week; Typically, Monday through Friday
- College Degree in computer related field preferred: High School Diploma or GED required plus related experience.
- 3 years of hands-on desktop support experience with Windows Operating System.
- Troubleshooting experience in a networked corporate environment.
- Must be a team player and offer sensitivity to customer’s needs.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels and functional areas of the company to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results.
- Possess a strong work ethic, high ethical standards and the ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Assist staff with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Works with co-workers to support databases, Telcom, remote access, internet, applications and other points of connectivity.
- Works with co-workers to determine and resolve problems.
- Ensures desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers and administrative systems.
- Performs setup and configuration of desktop and laptop equipment.
- May train and orient staff on use of hardware and software.
- Assesses functional needs to determine specifications for purchases; purchases hardware and software and orders computer supplies.
- Microsoft Office proficiency; excellent computer skills including creating/utilizing reports.
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
- Professional demeanor; excellent verbal and written communication skills.