PPA Collections Associate (Payment Plan)
Employment Type: Full Time
High school diploma or GED; college education or work experience preferred
- 1-2 years customer relations experience: customer service, collections, telemarketing, banking experience valuable.
- Knowledge of the legal and regulatory framework affecting consumer collections valued.
- Collections experience a plus but not required.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent listening skills and ability to handle conflict.
- Ability to stay calm and de-escalate situations while maintaining professionalism and mutual respect.
- Basic computer skills, detail oriented and able to multi-task.
- Possess a strong work ethic, high ethical standards and ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Reliable and demonstrates ability to consistently work an established work schedule.
- Bilingual skills valued; not required.
- Individuals are responsible for helping clients establish repayment opportunities and ensure customers are successful in completing the program.
- Interacts directly on the phone with consumers.
- Utilizes computer to review account information via account management system and assesses payer potential.
- Listens and negotiates with consumer to secure commitment to pay and establish a method of payment.
- Maintains a professional and positive attitude; is respectful to both consumers and co-workers.
- Utilizes excellent listening skills.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Follows legal parameters and compliance requirements of state and federal mandates.
- Follows department and company policies and procedures and communicates needed changes.
- Is a team player; contributes to team effort and performance and demonstrates reliable attendance record.