Manager of Project Management Office (PMO)
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Hours: Monday – Friday Days (40 Hours+)
- College degree in Business, Management, computer related field or equivalent related experience.
- Mastery of program/project management methodology, tools and templates (includes program/project planning, schedule development, scope management and cost management).
- Experience in a financial organization is beneficial.
Leadership & Team Management:
- Perform prioritization of projects in partnership with the Leadership Team.
- Promote adherence to the Project Management Life Cycle.
- Lead and facilitate our formal Change Management Process.
- Manage, coach, mentor, and motivate our Project Management Team.
- Work with Project Sponsors and our Finance Team to ensure allocation of benefits and costs.
- Liaison with internal and external Development Teams to manage resource availability.
- Direct activities of our Project Team to ensure projects progress on schedule and within budget.
- Facilitate timely and effective communication with all project sponsor and team members.
- Coordinate numerous tasks in a time-sensitive environment while meeting deadlines.
- Develop project plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, risks, contingency plans and allocation of available resources.
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones and required tasks.
- Create, execute and maintain all project documentation required to effectively manage projects.
- Lead and direct projects teams.
- Facilitate complex group meetings and conduct information gathering sessions.
- Manage projects according to project benefits, costs and internal rate of return.
- Perform and present analysis of project throughput including root cause of all delays.
- Ensure the project status, issues and successes are communicated to project team, stakeholders, sponsors, steering committee and all levels of management and documents appropriately.
- Proactive and sophisticated management of key stakeholders expectations.
- Encourage requirements gathering that lead to ways to elevate the capabilities of technology.
- Validate business needs versus wants and desires to ensure maximum benefit of deliverables.
- A forward thinker who takes initiative to identify opportunities to enhance processes.
- Results oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Financial aptitude to help in calculating project benefits, costs and internal rate of return.
- Good planner and organizer; excellent decision maker.
- Proficient skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project Management Software.
- Ability to keep calm in stressful situations.
- Exposure to Technical Project Management beneficial.
- Possess great interpersonal and leadership skills; communicates tactfully and candidly.
- Concise verbal and written articulation of complex ideas; outstanding listening skills.
- Proactive communicator who seeks to initiate communication rather than wait to be asked.
- Engages the Leadership Team and Project Teams in timely awareness of project statuses.