Inbound Legal Collections Associate
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Hours: Fulltime 40 hours per week; • 8:00 am – 4:00 pm or 10:00 am – 6:00 pm. (Minimum of two 10:00 am – 6:00 pm shifts required per week.) • Variation of these hours can be discussed and considered.
- High school diploma or GED required; college education desirable.
- Legal collection experience preferred.
- Previous Call Center experience a plus.
- Knowledge of the legal and regulatory framework affecting consumer collections.
- Excellent negotiating and problem-solving skills; ability to handle conflict.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with consumers as well as all levels of employees.
- Ability to stay calm and deescalate calls and effectively collect and meet department goals while maintaining professionalism and mutual respect.
- Proficient computer skills and have previous experience learning new software and systems.
- Strong computer keyboard skills and use of calculator.
- Demonstrated and consistent follow-through skills.
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task in a fast pace environment.
- Strong work ethic; performance and results driven while remaining a team player.
- Adheres to the highest ethical standards and provide mutual respect to consumers and all levels of employees.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Interacts directly on the telephone with consumers, reviews account information and helps consumers establish repayment.
- Answers consumer questions, setting up payment plans or negotiating settlements.
- Establishes and negotiates payment for balance or settlement.
- Educates consumer on the existing situation and find solutions that meet the consumers’ financial needs as well as the company’s business needs.
- Listens and negotiates with consumer to secure commitment to pay and establish a method of repayment.
- Maintains a professional and positive attitude, is respectful to both consumers and co-workers.
- Works independently and effectively as a team.
- Documents all communications and actions with consumer.
- Properly verifies/updates account information & properly tasks accounts for the next step in collection process.
- Deescalates calls and works with consumers to come to resolution on their accounts.
- Follows all FDCPA rules and regulations and all compliance and business procedures.
- Follows legal parameters and compliance requirements of state and federal mandates.
- Follows Department and Company policies and procedures and communicates needed changes.