Experienced Collections Associates - Internal Recovery
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Hours: Fulltime 40 hours per week. • Work 2 days (8:00 am – 4:00 pm) and work 2 days (10:00 am – 6:00 pm) • Friday hours (8:00am – 4:00 pm) – work half day Friday if working on Saturday • Work one Saturday every other month (8:00 am – 12:00 noon). • Remote Option: Potential option to work remotely from home after training completed..
High School diploma or GED required; college education desirable.
- Collections experience preferred; Bilingual skills valued; not required.
- Customer service experience valued (banking, telemarketing, sales).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; good listening and ability to negotiate.
- Ability to handle conflict by remaining calm and de-escalating the situation.
- Basic computer skills, good organization and problem-solving skills.
- Results oriented, goal driven and competitive; able to multi-task in fast paced environment.
- Possess a strong work ethic, ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Reliable and demonstrates ability to consistently work assigned work schedule.
- Interact directly with consumers, review account information and establish payment.
- Listen and negotiate to secure best possible payment arrangement.
- Document call results via computer applications.
- Apply communication, organization and problem-solving skills to maximize team performance.
- Contribute to team and personal performance goals; work independently and effectively as a team.
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude, respectful to both consumers and co-workers.
- Follows legal parameters and compliance requirements of State and Federal mandates.
- Adheres to Jefferson Capital compliance program; follows department/company policies and procedures.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by maintaining confidentiality.