Experienced Collections Associates - Internal Recovery
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week
High school diploma or GED; college education desirable.
- Collections experience desired.
- Knowledge of the legal and regulatory framework affecting consumer collections.
- Customer service experience valued (banking, telemarketing, sales)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; good listening and negotiation skills.
- Good customer relations skills; ability to stay calm and de-escalate situations while maintaining professionalism.
- Basic computer skills, detail oriented and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Good problem solving skills and ability to handle conflict.
- Results oriented, goal driven and competitive.
- Possess a strong work ethic, high ethical standards and ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Reliable and demonstrates ability to consistently work assigned work schedule.
- Bilingual skills valued; not required.
- Interacts directly on the phone with consumers, reviews account information and helps customers establish repayment.
- Reviews account information via account management system and assesses payer potential.
- Listens and negotiates with consumer to secure commitment to pay and establish a method of repayment.
- Follows legal parameters and compliance requirements of state and federal mandates.
- Follows Department and Company policies and procedures and communicates needed changes.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort, performance and goals; demonstrates reliable attendance record.
- Maintains a professional and positive attitude; is respectful to both consumers and co-workers.