Data Scientist - Modeling & Forecasting
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Hours: 40 hours+ per week
College degree or higher in a mathematics-oriented discipline; or equivalent related experience.
• College degree or higher in a mathematics-oriented discipline; or equivalent related experience.
• Previous experience (including academic) in analytics, statistics, modeling, and/or decision science.
• Strong background in programming; experience with SQL and SAS preferred but not required.
• Technical understanding of databases, querying, and large data structures.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools; strong Excel skills preferred.
• Familiarity with basic accounting concepts and business considerations.
• Ability to quickly assimilate new business concepts, technical skills and software/programming languages.
• Strong analytical, interrogative, and problem-solving skills.
• Effective communication skills and the ability to be influential through both written and verbal interactions with a variety of audiences.
• Flexibility to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a team.
• Aptitude for maintaining productivity while multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Build new predictive models of a variety of key outcomes and verify model performance.
- Develop and enhance advanced modeling techniques for predictive analytics.
- Extract and analyze data from both internal and external data sources.
- Refresh existing models with additional data and/or new techniques or variables.
- Document and annotate model development, improvement, and performance.
- Communicate model development and improvement to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Implement models into usable SAS code and Excel templates for use by other analysts.
- Evaluate portfolio purchase opportunities and produce pricing recommendations.
- Review performance of existing purchases and produce updated forecasts.
- Provide insight and observations for improvements in operations and pricing.