Bankruptcy Support Specialist – Bankruptcy
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Hours: Hourly; Non-Exempt Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
High School diploma or GED required; college degree preferred.
- Related work experience with vehicles or collections preferred.
- Extensive computer skills and knowledge with Microsoft Office; Outlook, Excel, Access.
- Knowledge/experience with BFrame desired but not required.
- Good listening and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills and able to able to multi-task.
- Detail oriented and able to meet deadlines
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Able to handle disputes while being in compliance of regulations.
- Reliable and demonstrates ability to consistently work assigned schedule.
- Bilingual skills valued but not required for this opening.
- Handles multiple types of customer and bankruptcy communications including inbound/outbound calls, letters, and correspondence.
- Negotiates with consumers to secure commitment to pay and establish method of payment on secured accounts.
- Documents accounts and responds according to procedures, including negotiations.
- Reviews bankruptcy plans and trustee websites to ensure correct handling of accounts.
- Files bankruptcy related documents through the courts electronic filing system.
- Works with outside companies/agencies as the business needs require (ie: state titling departments, attorneys, trustee offices, insurance companies, and repossessions agents).
- Maintains a professional and positive attitude; is respectful to both consumers and co-workers.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by maintaining confidentiality.
- Follows legal parameters and compliance requirements of state and federal mandates, including those set forth in the Federal Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).