Automotive & Bankruptcy Operations Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Hours: Exempt; Monday – Friday Days
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Finance, or related field; or equivalent related experience.
- Experience with consumer secured auto and/or consumer bankruptcy is preferred.
- Management, leadership, and supervisory experience.
- Experience in the collections industry or financial service is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business principles.
- Critical thinking and analytical abilities for processing complex information.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels and functional areas.
- Ability to stay calm and deescalate situations and effectively resolve problems while maintaining professionalism and mutual respect.
- Possess a strong work ethic, high ethical standards & the ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Responsible for developing, training, hiring, and retaining a staff of managers, associates and specialists to ensure the team performs its needed functions for the company.
- Provides leadership, mentoring, and professional development of staff.
- Keeps open communication channels with employees by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures.
- Has responsibility and accountability for ensuring all tasks assigned to the Automotive & Bankruptcy Operations teams are performed timely, efficiently, and correctly.
- Aids with the training of new agents and specialists, including cross-training existing employees.
- Provides training to team of managers, who are direct reports to this position.
- Provides direction in consumer negotiations to secure payment commitments and establish payment methods.
- Determines needed personnel resources, and allocates resources to meet task completion deadlines.
- Handles manager calls and assists in defusing escalated communications.
- Communicates and facilitates changes needed to improve team efficiencies.
- Identifies opportunities for automation, process streamlining, and other effiency and/or labor reduction efforts, and works with appropriate company resources to put them into effect.
- Communicates with servicing clients and facilitates client requests, in conjunction with dedicated servicing client resources.
- Reviews and updates manuals, policies, and procedures.
- Handles invoicing related to external service providers, including data, repossession, and remarketing vendors.
- Works with outside vendors such as repossession and remarketing companies, state title departments, outside law firms, etc.
- Understands, follows, and maintains current knowledge of all applicable Federal, State, and local rules and regulations along with all compliance and business policies and procedures.
- Adheres to Jefferson Capital Systems compliance program and related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Ensures all actions taken to support our compliance culture, and creates awareness to facilitate resolution when questions arise.
- Ensures all consumers are treated fairly, with respect, and afforded all protections under State, Federal and local consumer protection laws, rules, and regulations.
- Performs the duties of an employee-manager and other related tasks as needed.
- Excellent computer skills including creating and utilizing reports, including experience with Microsoft Excel and SQL.
- Results-oriented individual with strong problem-solving skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, and clear verbal and written communication skills.